Workshop with Bonnie Gillespie
Audition and Business Workshop
LA CASTING DIRECTOR and INDUSTRY WRITER, Bonnie Gillespie
Saturday Sept 20th 10am-1:30pm Teens/Adults Audition workshop
Bonnie Gillespie will break down the ins and outs of auditioning (including chemistry in the casting room, connecting on-camera, mastering pre-taping from your own home, even doing CD workshops) using material from some of awesome indie projects she has cast. In this teen/adult workshop, you will be provided audition sides and paired up with another actor, given time to run the lines a bit, and then… ACTION! You will receive feedback on your work and then we’ll do a lively Q&A to discuss what Hollywood is looking for when Atlanta actors self-tape!
Saturday Sept 20th 2:30-6pm Ages 13 & Under Audition workshop
In this super-fun audition workshop for actors 13 and under, Bonnie Gillespie will remove the anxiety from auditioning using material from some of awesome indie projects she has cast. You will be provided audition sides and paired up with another actor, given time to run the lines a bit, and then… ACTION! You will receive feedback on your work and then we’ll do a cool Q&A to discuss (and cure) the biggest mistakes young actors make when auditioning!
Sunday Sept 21st 1:30-4pm Business Workshop Teens/Adults
Bonnie Gillespie will guide teens and adults through her four pillars of “Self-Management for Actors.” You will learn: How to make sure industry decision-makers “get who you are” in such a way that your name tops their list before a breakdown even goes out. How to sign with the RIGHT agent. How to successfully build relationships with the casting community. How to fall in love with networking and master the art of pitching. How to think like a producer and run your acting career like the business it is. And how to avoid the three biggest mistakes actors make. Bring a notebook and pen. Bring your laptop or favorite note-taking gadget. This will be a working seminar and you will leave with concrete actions to elevate your acting career to the next tier!
Bonnie Gillespie’s bio: http://cricketfeet.com/bonbio.
Self-Management for Actors: http://amazon.com/Self-
BANSHEE IMPROV TROUPE WORKSHOP – 4 WEEKS –
INVESTMENT ONLY $150.00
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 – SEPTEMBER 28, 2014
PERFORMANCE SHOW: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2014 @ 7:30PM
AWP BLACK BOX THEATRE
AGES: 11YRS – 14 YRS 2PM -4PM AGES: 15YRS & UP 4PM – 6PM
Ever wonder where the casts of The Office, 30 Rock or Parks and Recreation got their start? The answer is improv! Intro to improv will teach students the building blocks of making it up on the spot. This class is about getting out of your head and having fun by just being yourself! Exercises will focus on listening, teamwork and trust. The four-week course will culminate in a graduation show for friends and family on Saturday, October 4th
BANSHEE is excited to announce that they are the new resident troupe with Atlanta Workshop Players performing once a month!
Techniques of the Masters
with Nichole Hamilton
Actors will walk away from this with their hunger curbed from this one of a kind Acting Buffet with techniques from Lessac, Cicely Berry, Stanislavski, Checkhov, Uta Hagen, Practical Esthetics, and more!
This will include:
exercises to strengthen your voice
gain an understanding of your body
develop spatial awareness
establish a working actor’s vocabulary
October 4 AND 5
Saturday, October 4; 9:30am-1:30pm
Sunday, October 5 ; 1:00-5:00pm
12 & up
Monday Nights – 7:00-9:00pm [6 Weeks]
October 13-November 17
Teen – Adults
Practical Audition Preparation with Tom Thon -
6 weeks course – $300.00
Learn to consistently be prepared for your auditions by mastering the basics:
Understanding the Actors Job
The Tool Kit for Actors
Defining Physical Action
Analyzing the Scene
Developing an Individual Technique
Finding the Truth of the Moment
Cold Read Technique
Preparing for the Scene
Identifying the Problems
Emotions – Pro & Cons
Debunking the Myth of Character
Cleaning Up Your Act
This course will introduce you to the joys of acting from a practical point of view. It will define for you the basics of the actor’s job and how anyone with the desire, focus, and commitment to succeed can master a personal technique to draw on for any acting situation.
This 6 week Practical Audition Preparation Class will meet on Mondays from 7:30-10:30 PM. It is required for admission to the on-going On Camera Audition Technique class.
4 SESSIONS -
SEPTEMBER 8 – OCTOBER 13, 2014
OCTOBER 27 – DECEMBER 8, 2014
JANUARY 12 – FEBRUARY 16, 2015
MARCH 2 – APRIL 13, 2015
VOICE OVER FUNDAMENTALS WITH TOM THON
BASIC FOR 2 WEEKS – SEPTEMBER 9 – 16, 2014
INTERMEDIATE FOR 2 WEEKS – SEPTEMBER 23 -30, 2014
ADVANCE FOR 2 WEEKS – OCTOBER 7 – 14, 2014
EACH 2 WEEK SESSION INVESTMENT $250.00 OR SAVE $100.00 AND GET ALL 3 SESSIONS FOR $650.00!
This Course will include 3 sections of two (2) 1/2 hours each and will be open to a maximum of six students. It will include classroom instruction and in studio work ending in a mock demo. Classroom instruction will give you a foundation in the basics of voice over acting in commercials, narrations, documentaries, and e-learning. It will include lecture and on mic practice of vocal control techniques, the importance of breathing, relating to the copy, your audience, your microphone and your producer. The in studio instruction will include working with a live microphone, a variety of copy, and evaluation of your execution of the techniques you acquire in the classroom during playback of your recordings. This in studio work will help you create a mock demo that will be evaluated at the end of the course. Registration is separate for each section and the fee is $250.00 per section. Registration in advance for all three sections is available for $650.00
(10% Discount to All Performers Union Members)
Classes will be held on TUESDAY evenings from 7:00-9:30PM
SECTION ONE: The Basics –
Reading (Copy Analysis, Point of View, Visualization, Personalizing)
Breathing (Support, Breath Control, Plosives and Clicks)
Voice (Warm Ups, Volume, Placement)
SECTION TWO: Intermediate –
Scoring (Inflection, Tempo, Rhythm, Breathing)
Physicality (Warm Ups, Posture, Gesture)
The Booth (Setting up to read, Copy Stand, Headphones, Mic)
SECTION THREE: Advanced -
Character, Animation, Documentary, Narration, E-Learning
MASTER’S SERIES GUEST INSTRUCTORS
- Richard Robichaux is an award winning actor and teacher. He can currently be seen as Lloyd Hornbuckle opposite Jack Black and Shirley MacLaine in Richard Linklater’s film BERNIE. s both an educator and actor, Richard has worked with many of the top training programs in the country including the Juilliard School, Yale School of Drama, University of Evansville, Illinois Wesleyan, Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts, New York Conservatory and the Elizabeth Mestnik Acting Studio(www.emasla.com) in Los Angeles. He currently teaches at St. Edwards University and in the Masters program at the University of Northern Colorado.
- Veteran actor and master teacher John D’Aquino (Cory in the House, Shake it Up, CSI, Hannah Montana, Seinfeld) starred in six TV series and recurred and guest starred on dozens of other popular shows. His love for performing is surpassed only by his love for teaching, a love inspired by his mentor, teacher and friend, Charles Nelson Riley, who instilled in his students a passion for helping actors create dynamic performances by reaching deep into the human spirit.
- Victor McCay is a master teacher and working actor in LA. Victor brings with him a wealth of experience, including recurring roles on hits like The West Wing and Boston Legal. Additional tv credits include Harry’s Law, Lie to Me, Boston Legal, CSI: NY, NCIS, Monk, The West Wing and many more!
- Mark Fincannon is co-owner of Fincannon and Associates, one of the top casting teams in the US, having assisted in casting acting talent for such TV shows as ‘One Tree Hill’, ‘Drop Dead Diva’, ‘Army Wives’, and major motion pictures like, Sandra Bullock’s ‘The Blind Side,’ and Channing Tatum’s ‘Dear John’.
- Mary Lou Belli is an Emmy Award Winning Television Director and has directed over 100 episodes of television shows including: MONK, WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE, GIRLFRIENDS, SISTER SISTER, THE HUGHLEYS….. Mary Lou is the author of “The Sitcom Career Book” and is a master of the art of comedy! Her workshops are fast paced, informative and filled with hilarity delivered by you!
- Bonnie Gillespie is an Author, Producer and LA Casting Director. Her books are found worldwide as the main text featured in University Theatre Programs. Bonnie specializes in casting SAG indie feature films and is Co-Founder and Co-Host of the successful show “Hollywood Happy Hour”. Bonnie has TWICE been named as a Top Film Casting Director in Back Stage West’s “Best of Los Angeles Issue” and has been interviewed by BBC, E! and Ireland’s “Gerry Kelly Goes To Hollywood”.